Tuesday, July 7, 2020

You're Otterly Irresistible

Hello and welcome back to my blog!
Today I'm sharing a sea-themed card created with the fun D2BA Otterly Awesome stamp set.
This cute stamp set is from the Seas the Day Collection and it has quickly become one of my favorite sets to use for summer cards.
This cute otter was stamped with D2BA Totally Black ink and colored with Copic Markers. I love the little details on the swimsuit and swim cap that allows tons of color combinations. I also used the same ink for the sentiment "You're Otterly Irresistible" and it worked great on top of the inked background!

To create this cool background, I used blue distress oxide inks and the D2BA Sunburst Stencil for the rays shining into the ocean. 

After the rays were added, I stamped the coral, starfish, and seashells with various distress oxide ink. I think it has a unique look and really works well to frame the otter image. I also added little white dots to resemble bubbles floating in the water.

To complete this design, I added some coordinating layers and sequins for extra shimmer. Once all the layers were added, I attached the card to an A2 sized card base. I just can not wait to send this card out and plan to make some more of these backgrounds.

Click HERE to visit the Dare 2B Artzy shop.

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment