Thursday, May 26, 2022

Art Impressions Home is Where the Heart is Challenge Card!

Hi everyone! Tasha here sharing a card created for the  Art Impressions Home is Where the Heart is Challenge

For my challenge card, I created a magical scene using the Ai 5345- Fairies Cubbies Set! I love this little fairy house and all the included fairy images!

To begin, I stamped the house with hybrid black ink and colored it with markers. I used shades of pink, gray, and brown to make the card bright, but still have the fairy garden look. I love the steps and all the little details!


After coloring, I used the coordinating die to cut the house out. The die cuts out the entire house and opens the doors and window areas. I think it's so cool when cards are interactive and the door opening allows plenty of space to add little stamped characters. 
Hint: You can use wash tape to hold your die in place when cutting. 


Here is a peek of what the image looks like after using the coordinating die. You can see the open windows and notice how it cuts around all the areas perfectly!


Next, I colored all the fairy images for this project and I used the included die set again to cut all the images out. I wanted each fairy to look different and since there are several characters, it was easy to give each one a unique look. I also added glitter to the wings for extra sparkle!


Now it was time to position the fairies around the house. I used yellow paper behind the open windows to resemble a lighted room, and attached the fairies with glue runner. I like that there are two fairy images that are sitting down, this way I could have one sitting on the front steps. I just love those steps!


Before attaching the house to the card front, I created a stenciled background. I used light blue ink for clouds and added green grass. I also stamped the sentiment directly on to the card using a matching light blue ink. 


Lastly, I attached the fairy house and layers of pink glitter and lime green cardstock. The card was attached to a white card base and I adhered several glitter enamel dots to complete the design.

I hope you enjoyed today's project and will participate in the Home is Where the Heart is Challenge!







No comments:

Post a Comment