Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Happy BEE-Day!

Good morning D2BA friends!

Tasha here sharing a Bee-themed birthday card created with the super cute Buzzy Beez Stamp Set and Flower Corner Stencil!

I used black Distress Oxide ink to create the stenciled design and added some yellow Distress Oxide ink around the edges to bring in a bumble-bee look to the background. I also splattered some metallic pink ink to add shimmer and more detail.

The bee, honeycomb, and hive images were all stamped with Totally Black ink and colored with markers and I added clear glitter for some sparkle! To allow the images to stand out against this floral background, I used a piece of vellum cut with a circle die from the Double Dot Circle Framelit Set. I also layered the hive with foam squares and used a wobble to allow the bee to wiggle.

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment "Happy BEE-Day" with Totally Black ink and cut a small banner frame from the Wavy Slimline Framelit Set. Layers of hot pink, white, and black glitter paper were added before I attached the card to a 100 lb card base.

Check out the March D2BA Challenge!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment