Friday, June 28, 2019

C.A.S.E the Creator ~ A Craft Collab Group Event

Good afternoon friends!
Today I'm sharing a card created for the C.A.S.E the Creator ~ A Craft Collab Group Event.
My project was inspired by the very talented Gale Thompson and her faux watercolored embossed card technique!


For the card, I stamped the little floral image on to mixed media card stock and embossed it with white powder. Gale used a larger floral stamp, but I think this little image from Altenew worked great for this technique!



I used Distress Oxide ink for the watercolor. This ink is great for layering color and is easily customizable. Instead of a stamped sentiment, I adhered a "Congrats" die cutout to the bottom. I think the white works well with the soft colors, but still stands out on top of the cream pattern paper frame.


Lastly, I used layers to coordinate with the colors on the flower images and attached the card to an A2 sized card back.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you are inspired to give this fun Faux Watercoloring technique a try.
Be sure to check out Gale's YouTube channel for a step-by-step tutorial and for tons of other crafty cardmaking ideas!

Have a wonderful day!





1 comment: