Sunday, April 7, 2019

D2BA April Challenge

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! 
Today I am sharing a mixed media card created for the Dare 2B Artzy April Challenge.


The theme this month is "Animals" and I think these lovable otters are just too cute.

The cute otter couple from the Otterly Awesome Set was stamped with Totally Black D2BA ink and colored with Copic markers. I also used the same ink for both sentiments. 
Tip: When stamping on vellum, be sure to let the ink dry completely or it will smear. I also used my sticker maker to make the vellum banner a sticker so I wouldn't have any glue showing through.


The background paper was created by embossing in white using the Swirl stencil and adding Color Burst watercolor powders for a pretty water-like design. I also used an embossing dauber that gave a really cool texture to the watercolor paper.


Lastly, I attached this fun mixed media project on to 100lb teal card stock to complete the design. This color is one of my favorite shades to use on a sea-themed card and I just love that it allows the watercolor top panel to pop!


Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you are inspired to create an animal themed card this month. Be sure to check out the D2BA Blog for more design team project shares and to enter the April Challenge!

Have a wonderful day!








No comments:

Post a Comment