Friday, January 26, 2024

Have a Magical Birthday Card!

 Hi Ai Fans! 

Tasha here, happy to share with you my latest card creation inspired by the current Art Impressions Challenge, "You're a Gem." When I heard those words, my mind immediately wandered to all things sparkling and magical, leading me straight to the 5345 - Fairy Cubbies and 5790-Fairy Houses Sets.



I began by stamping a delightful fairy house at the heart of the card, surrounded by three hot air balloons floating in the sky. But before diving into the background, I covered the images with masking paper to ensure they wouldn't get messed up when ink blending. Masking paper is awesome and a must have for card making.


To create the sky, I used a puffy cloud stencil and blue Distress Oxide Ink. I also did a similar technique to create the ground by using a grass stencil and green ink. I just moved the grass stencil around and added more ink to give a layered look.



Since the theme is "You're a Gem", I embellished with delicate enamel flowers and a shimmering row of miniature gems. I also attached two enamel hearts to the house and large balloon.

Lastly, I added layers of silver glitter paper, pink and black card stock, and a piece of Ai Valentine's Day themed pattern paper. All the pink & red colors look fabulous and I love how this design turned out!

Thanks for checking out my project and I hope you have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment