Sunday, March 3, 2019

Make a Splash!!

Good morning everyone!
Since this year's winter seems to be colder than ever, I thought it would be fun to create a Mermaid card and daydream a little about warmer weather. I'm so ready for some summer heat and this cute stamp set from JessicaLynnOriginal is perfect for a beach themed card!


I love this adorable mermaid owl image and wanted her hair to be magical and sparkly! I used Copics for all the coloring and white gel pen for the accents. I also added my favorite clear glitter pen for extra sparkle and shine!  


For the ocean waves and sky, I used stencils and Distress Oxide Ink with my new favorite blending brushes. These brushes give a perfect blend without hurting my hand. 

Lastly, I used my favorite layering guide to add coordinating layers before adhering it to a textured fuschia colored card base. I used the same tool to layer the  "Make a Splash!!" sentiment to complete the beachy design.

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my Mermaid card. Also, be sure to check out JessicaLynnOriginal for this cute stamp set and a super cute Pirate Brentwood Owl pin created for their 14th-year anniversary; I love collectible pins!

Have a wonderful day!
-Tasha


Challenges Entered:





SUPPLY LIST













9 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful scene ! And i like all the glitter on the mermaid.

    Thanks for joining our "Love it " Challenge @ Little Red Wagon this week. Hope to see you back again soon !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. A darling image and a lovely card. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and share your wonderful creativity with us. Have a blessed week and please join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks totally amazing.
    That laugh does not go off my face anymore.
    Thank you for sharing this cheerful card at our challenge.
    I hope you are back at our next challenge.

    -xiss- Renate.
    (DT Papercraft challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fun design, never come across a mermaid owl before😁. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this stamp is super fun! -Tasha :)

      Delete
  5. wonderful card, great colors
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete