Friday, May 3, 2024

Thinking of You!

 Happy Friday!

Tasha here sharing a new card inspired by the current Art Impressions "Birds of a Feather" Challenge. My card features the swans from the new KH5820-My Favorite Birds Set from Art Impressions. This set includes several different bird stamps, but I love swans and could not wait to use it on a project.

I started by stamping the swan couple on to white card stock and used masking paper to cover the images before creating the background. To make sure I had a crisp line, I used purple tape across the card so I wouldn't get any ink on the bottom. 

For the water, I used two shades of blue Distress Oxide Ink and a white gel pen to add a water-like detail around the birds; I love gel pens! After the water was colored, I used two shades of ink (Pink & Yellow) to make a colorful sky. The glow around the swans is so pretty!

Lastly, I stamped the "Thinking of You" greeting from the 5797 - Little Things Sentiment Set and added some white splatter to the sky. I also attached layers of black paper, gold glitter paper, heart pattern paper, and a pink enamel heart to complete the card.

I hope you enjoyed todays project and are having a great day!







1 comment: